Sunday, June 20, 2010

Advice on growing long hair for a male with thick curly hair.?

I'm a 17 year-old male and I've been trying to grow my hair shoulder length for 2 years. My hair is very thick and curly I usually comb it back. But when it reaches a certain length its very difficult to control and ends up looking a little messy heading in different directions. I believed that its just a phase when growing my type of hair long and that after a while gravity will pull it down making it look better. But my mom insists that my hair will head into a messy afro. She then forces me to go to a Saloon and fix it. When I go to the Saloon the person attending my hair offers to blowdry/straighten my hair which deep down in my heart I want to do. But my mom believes that men who blowdry/straighten their hair are homosexuals this aggravates me. In the end I end up cutting my hair short. If anyone can could they give me advice, on how I could grow my hair long and make it look good? Also can females give me their thoughts of men using products/tools that females use for their hair?



Advice on growing long hair for a male with thick curly hair.?

well hair grows at about a 1/2 per month I would use some extra conditioner ( if you don't already) when you wash your hair. Let it sit for about five minutes and rinse it out or go to your local store and pick up some deep conditioning conditioner you can get a little pack for about $.99 at Sally's Beauty Supply follow the directions and your hair should be on its way to becoming healthier, which will make it grow a bit faster in the end. Because hair grows at such a slow rate and sometimes slower for other I recommend getting a trim about every 2-3 months this allows the natural oils to get to ends that may have been brittle and breaking off. when your hair gets long enough to your liking and if it isn't as straight as you would like and you don't want to go through the daily process of using a straightening iron you may want to have your hair chemically straightened. Although it's only a temporary fix it last for a good amount of time. In the end you should have the luscious locks that you dream of.



Advice on growing long hair for a male with thick curly hair.?

if u would like ur hair 2 grow keep trimming it bout every 2weeks-a month this should help move the process quicker. also im a 19yr old girl that doesnt think ur a homo 4 using hair tools or anything do wot ever you need 2 , 2 be happy with urself



Advice on growing long hair for a male with thick curly hair.?

At 17 you should be able to decide how you want your hair. I am the mom of a 17 year old boy and he has longer hair. After all, it is only hair and depending on what job you have later, you may never be able to wear it long again. Try talking to your mom about your hair %26amp; tell you want to try it longer until summer, then if you don't like it, you will get it cut. My son's hair is sort of curly, so we get it layered on the last few inches to keep it from afro-ing out. He tucks it behind his ears for school and wears a sports headband or rolled up bandana other times to keep it out of his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus