Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hair Troubles?

Hi! I need a new look to my hair!!



I'm a 15 year old African-American girl who has thick, THICK hair. I have been braiding my hair for the past two years after a perm disaster that happened to me in the eighth grade. But now, Im growing tired of the hassle of taking out so many box braids every three months or so and the pain of combing it out to go to the hair dresser. I tried weaving my hair but it looks like I put on a wig. I tried pressing my hair at the hair salon but my hair is SO thick that it came out in an afro rather than straight. While I can continue braiding my hair for now, I don't know what I am going to do when prom comes or when I get to college.



What should I do?



Thank you



Hair Troubles?

If you get your hair pressed more often, it will train your hair. Just make sure that you moisturize your ends a lot. Also, whenever you wash your hair, use a good conditioner. I use Motions conditioner. If you put your hair in braids, it will go back to being how thick it was before. Also, after you have braids in for a long time, you will be tender headed.



You can go to these sites for more advice and you should ask your hairdresser.



http://www.naturallycurly.com



http://www.curlyhairsalon.com



http://www.motowngirl.com



Hair Troubles?

Ok, I don't know what exactly you are talking about, but I think you should go into a high-class salon and ask them. They are very skilled and will be glad to help you.



Hair Troubles?

try another perm but get it done at the salon.... it will probably look really long and pretty



Hair Troubles?

You could give your hair a rest and use something like a lace wig. A lace wig is a wig that you attach to your skin with a medical adhesive (about pinky finger down from your natural hairline) You can wear these wigs for 1, 5 14, or 30 days. They are human and look natural on. I have advised many people to go with the lace wig when giving thier hair a much needed rest or when they want to grow thier AA hair longer. You can visit www.hairbylondon.com and see some of these wigs. They have a few videos as well. Trust me they do not look fake, or like wigs you buy from the beauty salon. Theya re great wigs and are well worth the investment! www.hairbylondon.com



Hair Troubles?

I think you should try getting a perm again but let a professional do it. Try the olive oil organic root stimulator perm. I have really thick hair and it has worked for me. Also go to the hair dresser regularly so that they can tame and train your hair. It may be expensive but after a while your hair will be very manageable and you won't have to go as much. When you wear braids it only makes your hair thicker. Braids would be the perfect thing to do while you are at college. They are low maintenance and you won't have to worry about doing your hair instead you can focus on your work. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus