Sunday, June 20, 2010

Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

I have heavy, thick (thick, thick, thick), brown (I know color doesn't matter) hair. It is about 2 inches past my shoulders, and I really hate it right now. It's hot and heavy. I need a haircut badly, but I have no idea what to get. I have an oval face and bangs (not side bangs, real full bangs)



I can't go short, short because hockey season is starting and I have to be able to get a ponytail/bun on the top of my head without any problems.



I was thinking about long layers. What do you think? Any ideas would be great!!!



Thanks!



Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

For starters, ditch the bangs (grow them out or do side bangs- they will stay out of the way for hockey better too), cut your hair to shoulder length, get the long layers, and finally get some natural (not bleachy) blonde highlights. I bet you will look awesome!



Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

definitely long layers



Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

yeah, do long layers, and maybe even have you hair dresser take the razor to it just so make it thinner. i have moderatly thick hair and my hair dresser did this and it was wonderful! i felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and it was much thinner. talk to your hair dresser about it.



Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

I would say get it thinned out... I think they use a razor to thin it or some sort of scissors! My friend has EXTREMELY thick hair and she always gets hers thinned out by her stylist! Long layers would def be the way to go because one length and choppy layers excentuate and create [in some instances] thickness! Good luck :)



Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

Yes long layers would be good, It will remove some of the weight too. Make sure they are not to short tho or else your hair will stack up like stairs and look really thick. Hope I helped. Good luck.



Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

If you're not sure what cut you want go to the beauty shop and look at the books that they have there.....they are full of styles,long, short, short-short, medium length,layers, bangs, no bangs, any style out there should be in one of those books. You could also ask the stylist what style she thinks would look best on your face shape.



Good luck and I'm sure whichever style you choose will look nice on you.



Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

I agree with the layering but you should also ask your hairdresser to thin it for you.



Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

umm stairghten it then see how it look if u tirm of few inches off like 4 inches...not bad looking.....and ur still able to out it in a pony tail



Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

yeah i totally think that layered is good. infact that was i was going to suggest. i have your same hair and i have it in layers and i am totally satasfied because you can keep it down or pull it up whenever u want without probs.



good luck =)



Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

I have super thick hair so i hear your pain. You have many options. You can get your hair thinned out. They use special scissors and it looks awesome because you still get a lot of volume but you can grow your hair out and not get headaches from the weight of your hair. (I have that problem) If you have an oval face then bangs aren't really the way to go as they emphasise your cheeks giving you a rounder face. Bangs are only good when you have a stronger jaw(eg square faces) Try growing them out or have side bangs that are not so thick as it will compliment your face shape and not make it look heavy. Long layers will look good but i think shorter layers starting from the bottom of your nose will look fantastic as it will frame your face perfectly and you can still tie it up for hockey.



Haircut for thick, heavy hair?

No layers.short cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortonantivirus